Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's been a pretty good week

Last weekend, Tim and I went to see Miss Predigrew lives for a day. It was a little different but interesting. On Saturday, I went to Corinth to see Diana. We spend several hours going through boxes of burned up jewelry looking for diamonds and other stones - we found none...of course everything was black so who could tell what we were looking at anyway and a lot of it was melted together! We found little pieces of chain that we could rub the soot of off and tell what they used to be, but they aren't good to anybody now. There were some tearful moments finding some of Mama's jewelry (all of it costume but you know how as she grew older she liked to wear a ring on nearly every finger and a pin at her neck and sometimes a necklace, too) and there were some tears mixed with laughter for the same reasons!
Today I'm going to a Scream Free Parenting Seminar. I might like to get certified to teach it one day.
Yesterday I did a talk on mental health to the Youth Leadership Bartlett group. I guess they got something out of it. They acted interested and asked lots of questions.
Hope you all are having a good weekend!

2 comments:

Rushton said...

Glad you and your sister shared good tears. My brother and I can do that.
I remember a friend of Mother's who was in a camping group with them died owning 17 pair of white pants and hundreds of pairs of knee highs. Mother helped the daughter clean out her closets. She immediately went home and cleaned out her own - so no giggles for us there! BUT...the kitchen pantry was fun!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

We had already cleaned out the house when we moved Mama and Papa Mutt to an apartment in Corinth and then we had cleaned out the apartment when we had to move them to the nursing home. Most of Mama's stuff was at Diana's house when the lightening stuck it so it burned...We didn't have a lot of sorting through to do after Mama died...but boy was it a mess cleaning out the apartment after they went to the nursing home. All of us had already gotten what we really wanted and it was nice that we got along well dividing it up...I got a rocker for Laura and my first grandchild, but Tim has decided he likes it to much and it would be much cheaper to just buy one in Canada anyway...I'm still resting and taking it easy a lot. Sometimes you just run into that fence where you can't take any more and I think I finally hit it. I can feel my old self coming back slowly but surely. Praise the Lord!