Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a Great Day!

We had a great day of worship today! Ronnie and Jennifer Parker came to church with us today to eat lunch with Jim Woodruff who is filling in until our new preacher, Josh Ross, comes in June. We had a wonderful time reliving old memories and making new ones. I'm really sorry we forgot the camera to take a photo!

Tonight, the praise team, who is going to Pepperdine lectures sang the songs from the CD, The Psalms Project. Most of the songs are taken directly from the Psalms - many word for word and they are wonderful. Lynn Anderson will be speaking on the Psalms and the Sycamore Praise Team will be singing with him (or as Jim Woodruff calls them, the Kipettes).

I am continuing to get better as I stay "lazy" and rest and allow my emotions and brain to heal. Tim is having fun telling me I am just lazy but he knows better...he sees the results of my trying to do to much in one day! It was a great day, but now it's time for bed! Love you all!

4 comments:

Jeff's Photos said...

I am jealous that you get to hear Jim Woodroof every Sunday. I love hearing him. I can hear him referring to the Kipettes also.

BW said...

I think I heard some strain of happiness in your writing! That sounds so wonderful.

dragon134 said...

i'm glad you're feeling better ms tammie - i bet it's hard for someone like you not to be doing something all the time, but won't it feel good when you're all better and back to normal?

Jenn said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better and are learning how to rest!!
I love great days of worship, too!!!