Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rants and Raves!

1.  Several weeks ago, after a year or so of ice cream for at least one meal a day, I had some friends who talked me into going to the Diet Center.  I had done that program once before when my children were in grade school with great success and kept the weight off for several years (until the dr. gave me elavil for my migraines....that stuff made me eat like there was no tomorrow and I gained 40 pounds in 2 months...)...well, after 3 days of eating healthy - fruits, vegetables, grilled chicken, salads, NO SUGAR, NO ICE CREAM, my stomach was killing me - I mean worse than labor pains!  So I called my friend, the gastro doctor  and he told me it was probably my stomach just trying to get used to the change in diet.  It still wasn't much better in 3 days so I went to see him.  After a cat scan, found out I have diverticulous...He put me on antibiotics for a week.  Then last week, I had to go back in and have a blood test...I have an infection in the lining of my stomach!  More antibiotics and in six weeks I have to have another test...Should have just kept eating ice cream every day...It might have killed me sooner, but I would have died happy! On the up side, I have lost, at the last weight in, 9 and a half pounds. I'm pretty sure it will be more next time because my jeans are getting really loose.
2.  Tim and I have an appointment with an attorney this afternoon about the Kroger thing.  They finally called with an offer which was not enough to even cover the medical bills, so...
3.  I have misplaced (I hope it's misplaced and not stolen) my wallet.  It had $200 in it that was left over from the Toronto trip and that is making me really crazy!
4.  Tim bought his airline ticket to go back to Toronto to get his plane but he DIDN'T buy me one so he will get to see Laura and Nigel and John and I won't!  He's going to owe me big time for that! 
5.  And now I'm like Reagan...does no one love me anymore?  No one is making comments on my blog!  (except for Beth....Thanks!  I love you, too!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammie,

I love you and love reading your blog. I just usually don't take the time to comment.

I believe I would be using Tim's credit card to buy myself a ticket to Toronto!

Tricia

Rushton said...

love you! get well soon!

Mick Wright said...

Congrats on your healthy decisions; I hope it gets easier...

James T Wood said...

It's hard to comment about cute kids all the time - good to read, but not much to say about it.

Anonymous said...

My congrats to you too on making healthy decisions. I understand how hard it is myself. I wish you the best.

Unknown said...

sorry about the tummy issues.

love you!

BW said...

I have so many comments that I can't type them fast enough!

I guess I will have to just see you face to face!

I love you!!
B

Jeff's Photos said...

Sorry I missed you last week when i came over to photograph Tim. I look forward to seeing you at Homecoming.

Anonymous said...

1. diverticulitis= evil
2. Im happy you are loosing weight in a healthy way, that doesnt involve not eating. Pass the info to my parents.
3. The pictures on facebook of your canada/ Nigel Trip look really nice.
4. Munka Tim will owe you BIG time!

Anonymous said...

great stories...sycamore view sounds like the place we would like to be