Sunday, September 09, 2007

AWH and Searcy Friends

I went to Searcy on Thursday of this past week. I had an AWH National Council Meeting on Friday morning with a luncheon with the AWH scholarship recipients. I even got to sit by Sun (sp?) who lived with John and Rose Kennedy the last couple of years. It was great to see and talk to him for a while. It is always great to see the kids who benefit from our work...makes baking all those pies and cakes and casseroles ( and the stuff I volunteer to buy at Sam's - because you know I don't cook!) worth it. But I went early so I could play with my friends on Thursday night and take my nephew, Wil, who is a Harding student out to dinner. Beckie and Gene Weaver, Mike and Beth James, Jonathan James and his girlfriend and Wil and me all went to Doc's Grill. Food was good...fellowship was even better. We laughed until we cried...if you're reading this and you know Mike or Gene, ask them about the Mens' bathroom door in the Reynold's building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so gues where i was in the reynolds... in the bathroom .....and was washing my hands when someone came in.....the little door stop fell....i laughed....then told a story....more people laughed...good times....its friday...i just had a huge test....im entitled to communicating with out a sentence structure....love ya aunt tammie...Wil...bet ya didnt know sennacherib was king from 704-681 bc