Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family Reunion

Singing and loving it! Aunt Ruth, Mike Williams, Uncle Tom, Billy Williams
Singing some more! Terry Williams, Mike Williams, and their sister, Cindy.
This is just as we arrived at the reunion. Mike Williams who worked so hard to put it all together, me, Aunt Ruth and Uncle Tom, my mom's youngest brother.

We had a great time yesterday at the Williams Family Reunion. My mom's mom was a Williams. We got to see people I haven't seen in years (or some since Mama's funeral. As always we had a wonderful time of fellowship and singing! We used to do this every summer at Ma and Pa Horis's house in the country and we'd have literally trailers loaded with food and then we'd sing til we couldn't sing anymore. It was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Rushton said...

Sounds like heaven!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Danny said...

I never knew you were related to the Williams family.

If I remember correctly I knew a Hale Williams from Drew, MS. He was an elderly brother who worshipped there when I preached there. Great guy. I think he was Mike's dad, but not sure.

Anyway, he had known my great-grandfather who years and years ago lived on the Quiver River and married three women (two died) and fathered 21 kids- one of which was my grandfather.