Sunday, May 04, 2008

Great Week at Pepperdine!

Can you believe that this is Allen Gillespie....he used to be little Allen who threw temper tantrums and got up and walked off if no one was looking! What a handsome young man he has become! He introduced our group one night.
The Pepperdine campus was beautiful and we took photos of these deer right on campus!
This is precious little Corbin....I'm still not real good at getting these photos in the order I want them in this blog!
We had a great week at Pepperdine! The Sycamore Praise Team and Lynn Anderson did a great job of presenting the Psalms. The Psalms of Lament night was a real tear jerker, but wonderful never the less as were all their presentations. We got to see lots of old friends and it was so good to see them. This photo has Tim and me with Curt and Nedra Sparks, our former preacher. It was so good to see them and get to visit with them. Curt's presentation and the Overland Park Praise team were both great, too!
We also got to see Allen and Sara Gillespie and Brett and April and Corbin Emmerson. Allen and April grew up next door to us. Allen now works in Development at Pepperdine and Brett and April are missionaries in Togo. They just happened to be home on furlow. It was wonderful to see them and I got to play "granny" to Corbin a little while one night during the main session. He was a little fussy so I got to take him out side and let Bret and April both stay inside and listen. I loved doing that....getting ready for Nigel's entrance into the world!

6 comments:

BW said...

Where was the other Emerson child? I should have been with you looking at that Pacific Ocean.

Jeff's Photos said...

Did you know that Jimmy Knight and I were college roommates? You should start arm twisting on his kids about going to HU.

Jeff's Photos said...

Please tell Jimmy that I am glad to know he is part of the Kipettes. I saw Jimmy and Jill a couple of weekends ago at Jim Chesters retirement.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Caden was in Nashville with his other grandparents. It gave April a little break. She looked so tired you could blow her over with a feather...

Yes, Beckie, I wish you had been with me. We are going to have to take a trip and drive down that California Coast one day!

Yes, Jeff, I knew that Jimmy Knight was your roommate in college. Guess I will start working on his kids!

Danny said...

Sorry I missed you! I was on the look out too, but somehow our paths never crossed.

Anonymous said...

Since I could not be there, I'm thrilled that you got to play "Granny".
Nigel... I like the sound of that!! =-) Someday he and Corban could get into a lot of mischief like Joe and Allen use to do. =-) Hee Hee! =-)
I'm glad ya'll had a great time. Welcome home!