Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Why can't we give it to God and leave it there?

This week has been an emotional roller coaster for Tim and me. I won't go into all the details but let's just say that things in out lives are not going just as we had planned...you know....get married, have careers, raise out children, have them get married, provide us with grandchidlren to play with (and then send them home when we were ready to go on a trip by ourselves...you get the picture)...We love both out children unconditionally but we sometimes cringe at the choices they make and while we are proud that we taught them both to think for themselves, we wish that we could have taken the brain chip that governs religion and just have implanted it in thier brains so they would believe the same things we do about God and the scriptures. Now that is an oxymoron, isn't it? to want them to think on their own for everything except religion? I am praying with all my heart that God will hold them in the palm of His hand and keep them close to His heart and try to leave them there and the next thing I know, here I am trying to figure out how to help Him...Why on earth do I think I can help the Creator of the Universe, the Almighty God, our Allpowerful, Loving Savior do anything??!!?? How arrogrant He must think I am! Oh Lord, I believe! Help me in my unbelief!

1 comment:

BW said...

There are so many additional prayers going upward about these topics. I know that God can help this.

are they still coming this weekend???