Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My birthday passed and I'm still here

Well, folks, my birthday passed rather uneventfully. I appreciate all the birthday greetings from everyone on my blog and on facebook and the cards and calls, too. 55 doesn't feel a bit different from 54, but it was kind of funny yesterday when one little girl came into the office and said, "MS Tammie, you look the same every time I come in here." She was speaking of the "travelers" clothes that I always wear that are so comfortable and so wrinkle free. My last client of the day, a middle aged man, said ,"Something looks differnt about you today." After a while, he said, "Oh, I know...you look a year older..." How he could have remember my birthday I have no idea...he's got a better memory than me! The first time I saw him several months ago and he told me his birthday. I told him that mine was not far from his and mentioned the date and he remembered!

My computer has been in the shop for over two weeks and I am having bad withdrawal. I have to use one of the office computers when no one is on it or Tim's (which I hate to use!). I am so ready to get mine back!

Vivian and I leave in 6 days for Rome to see Beckie. I'm ready! Gelato every day! HOORAY!!!

I spent last Saturday in Corinth with Mama and Papa Mutt and Diana and Robin and his family. It was fun to be with them for a while. I even got to show Judith how to set up her facebook account...now that was a real turn about for ME to be able to show a teenager something about a computer!

I saw Jennifer Parker, Ronnie's wife, in the Tim's office yesterday. We had a good little visit. I did not realize that Ronnie had had surgery on his throat to remove a tumor or growth or something; however, except for not beng able to talk for a few weeks, he is ok. I am grateful for that. She says it wold be ok if he couldn't talk for a little longer...He doesn't ever tell her any of the news I tell him when I see him anyway. I think I need to have him in for a little communication counseling (HA! HA! HA!).

Pray for Tim while I'm gone. He has to put up the Christmas tree by himself. I'm not sure he's ever done that before in our 32 years of marriage. We're having the praise team over for thier Christmas Party two days after I get back from Italy. Could be really interesting!

4 comments:

BW said...

Ronnie is not talking?? What kind of surgery? I need details!

Gelato, pasta, cappuccino. It is going to be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

so i hope u check this tom. ill probably call u in the next 5 min any way. Im def. coming to ur house til sunday. i think ill go to early service and then leave for Indianola. I hope the weather clears up. I dont want to deal with it while driving to Memphis...that drive is bad enough...see ya soon Wil

Rick and Leslie said...

Have a safe trip!!!! If Tim needs any help getting ready he knows he can call us to help out.

Unknown said...

i cant wait to see pictures from your trip!