Saturday, February 24, 2007

Atlanta Trip

Tim and I went to Atlanta yesterday to check out more hotels for his 2008 American Academy of Impant Dentistry Meeting. It was really nice. We got picked up at the airport by a limo from the Sheraton (this hotel was my personal favorite). If you ever need a limo in Atlanta, call James at the Sheraton...they take care of people who do not stay there as well and he was a wonderful driver. We were going to spend the night in the Hyatt, which is also a nice hotel, however, after we got checked into our room and started watching the weather channel (which is Tim's favorite channel) we decided that we had rather come back home yesterday than have to worry about thunder storms than were moving into Memphis during the night Friday and on Saturday morning. I do not like to be in the sky with lightening, so it wasn't a very hard decision for me to make. And sure enough, we woke up this morning to rain and thunder and lightening, so I am glad we came home yesteday and didn't have to worry about how to get around the storms to get home today! It's been a nice lazy day! We went to see "the Astronant Farmer" this afternoon. It was a fun family movie and I don't even remember one word of profanity, but you can't trust me too much because since I don't have little kids anymore, I don't tune into it as much as I used to. Hope you are all having a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up with your trip. It sounds like a wonderful one. You know Tommy was one of "our boys" many years ago! I'm sure the work there is very rewarding. Glad it was a great experience for you. You have such heart!!