Monday, May 07, 2007

We have a very full and busy weekend, but it was fun getting to see lots of people we hadn't seen in a long time. Mike Tinker, one of our HUGSR guys, graduated on Saturday and he asked us to be his family for the graduation festivities and that was fun. I got to see a bunch of my friends graduate and this may be the last class of counseling studehts that I will know anyone in...I still miss that comradery (and no, even after Spring Sing, Dr. Burke, I still don't know how to spell it!) that you have with all the students!

But right now, my friend, Beckie, needs all our best wishes and prayers, and a MAC genusis...her computer crashed...I thought Mac's weren't supposed to do that, but hers did and it had on it all her grades for this semester, her finals, her photos, and her 200+ page document to accreidation for the new Masters in Speech Pathology (of which she is going to be the chair) in the fall at Harding...

Beach week can't come soon enough!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my word...what a terrible thing to happen to Beckie!! When are we going to be old enough to go to Beach week and you sooo need to work on getting my mom there. Sometimes a mom just needs to get away (and I'm talking about you mom, not me...well, okay, me, too)..
have a great week!!!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Your mom is welcomed and has been invited, I undertand, Jenn, nearly every time...she just always has something more pressing to do...what could be more pressing than laying around doing nothing for a week with your friends, I can't imagine, but Beth always has an excuse. I guess we could always start our own beach week tradition...I'm ready whenever you are...

Jeff's Photos said...

I can understand not spelling camaraderie correctly, but lets get Burks correct. Dr. Burks not Burke.

Jeff

Jenn said...

Okay, I have to admit...You will probably have to drag mom there because she always has something else to do! Of course, this year during beach week, I think Dad is taking her to NYC!!

2coopers said...

hi Tammy,
good to hear from you and all your news...I look forward to your comments..