Thursday, January 25, 2007

Joe has been talking lately about when I get old and can't take care of myself that he is going to put me in a home but then this morning he came out and said he thought he wouldn't put me in a home but just get a nurse to come in to take care of me. Makes me wonder if he thinks I'm losing it already or plotting my demise. He says he doesn't think either, but he does think about it sometimes which is a great change from his former thinking that he will die before he is 30 or 40. Maybe he's growing up a little! Or maybe he's thinking about Papa Mutt. He just had a pace maker put in and he's talking about having knee replacement. He's 87 years old...we're all afriad that if he has knee replacement that he wil never leave the nursing home after rehab which on one hand might not be so bad for him or Mama...guess we'll just have to wait and see.

My test is over once again. I knew a few more answers for sure this time than I did last time so we'll see..or at least I think I did. At least the first question was so wild, I started the test with a laugh and wanted to write in the answer, "Put her in an institutuion and check her out completely because she must have lost it all!" but that wasn't an option so I put the most politically correct answer... We'll see...

Now yesterday I started to buckle down on my Ghana Bible College Lectures. I'm really getting excited about that even though I feel less prepared than I ever have...sure wish I had all those notes that I had to throw away afte the fire...it would be so much easier than recreating them, but I got excited yesterday when I started wrtiting and it was all coming back to me so that's good. I hope I'll get it all done this weekend! I'll be glued to the computer...now if I can just keep muself on task and not be looking at blogs and e-mails and facebook and such!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

So glad that the test is over and you can have fun getting ready for your trip! It all sounds so exciting! Mom, Dad, Jess, Jon and Grandma James are coming this weekend for a visit and what am I doing today when I should be cleaning? Going to lunch with Stacy Barnes (Randy Barnes sweet wife)...a girls gotta eat, right? If ya'll all decide to get old together, we'll just put ya'll all in Harding Place and you can have one big party all the time!!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Sounds good to me! Harding place will never be the same. I think I may be ready to move there now...they cook two meals a day for youthere you know!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

See you on Friday Miss Tammie...it sure is nice to be able to say that!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

When they prayed over us this morning at church, I looked straight at Rick and rubbed it in that I was going to get to see you all...Leslie was sick with a stomach virus. Rick grinned from ear to ear. Can't wait!

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! I'm sure you did great on your test.

john/laura said...

i liked getting to see pictures on your blog!