Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Too Many Have Gone Home and I'm Still Here!

I arrived home from Italy to the news that my Uncle Robert Sigler, a dear friend, Debbie Molts, and Elizabeth Eilert, long-time secretary of Jackson Avenue and Sycamore View had all gone home to be with the Lord. Those three funerals I missed, but since that time, I've made it to several more or have heard of serveral more which I did not get to attend - Billie Thomason, a strong Christian lady who worked tirlessly for Harding and her students lost her battle with cancer that she had been wagiing for several years. Gina Higginbotham, as a little girl of 5 was diagnosed with a brain tumor and after sugery which arrested her developement at about age 5 -7, and was told that she might live another 6 months to a year died on Christmas Eve -33 years later at the age of 38. She was the face I saw when I thought of the verse where Jesus talks about how you must become like a little child to enter the kingdom of heaven. Scott Bellamy also lost his mother during this time. I am fortunate enough to be able to make the trip next wekend to California for the memorial service for her. I just hate for any of my friends to have to go through that alone! Today I went to the funeral of Harold Martin, father of Debra Sission and Kathy Schrack, and this afternoon, we have the funeral of Mike Sasseen's mother. Mike was the shop teacher at Bolton when Joe went there and was such a great infulence and help to Joe. Also the father of one of my clients has died during this time. Eric Newsome also lost his step-father in the last few days. I'm sure there is someone I am forgetting...please forgive me for that, but know that...one more that just came to me...Pam Dixon, mother of Tyler, who committed suicide several years ago, buried her mother on Dec. 15. Know that you are all in my prayers that time will help you be able to look back with happy memories and less tears. It's hard to loose a loved one, but when we know that loved one has gone to be with the Lord, would we really want them back here on this earth? Just something to think about...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...i am so sorry to hear all that. i've been really fortunate so far to not have to deal with that very much.

on another note, i was looking at the pictures in the previous post and joe(y) is looking sooo cute! i really dig his new hair look.

DCT said...

My grandmother always said that I would understand why she looked at the obituaries each day. Unfortunately, I now understand.

Anonymous said...

Good words.