Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Prayers Needed And Other Things

Our friends, Woodie and John Cooke's daughter, Jann, was in a very bad auto accident Saturday or Sunday a week ago. She has been moved into Rehab at the Med and will probably be there through the end of this week. She broke her legs, her right arm, and lacarated her liver. She will be ok, but it will take her a long time (several months) for her to recover. She is in a lot of pain and needs prayers for strength and patience during her recovery. After she goes home, she will have to return to the Med for daily therapy for several months probably to learn to walk again and to use her right arm.

Pray for Woodie, too. She has been through so much the last few years, I don't know how she has kept her sanity, but somehow, she keeps going and still reaches out to help others. Luke is in China. He says he really likes it. Loren is in school in Mississippi and doing well. John says he is retiring from Bartlett High and moving to Alabama at the end of this school year.

Tim and John French and Bobby Ethridge are all skiing at Jackson Hole, Wyoming. They are having lots of fun and he's sent several photos. Beautiful snow...-23 degrees! I'm glad they are the ones there and not me! It feels good to be nice and toasty warm right here on my couch watching Law and Order.

Vivian called last night and told me that she'd been to visit Sherry Barron. She is doing well. I was glad to hear that. She also told me that Sherry's daughter, who now lives in Virginia, has been reading my bog, but Cristen...you haven't left me a note at all! We have some friends at fairfax Church - Mark and Marnie Moore and Jason and Suzanah Foster. They have both been there a while so you might call on them if you need any direction.

I'm taking my MFT Boards once again next Monday. Dr. Flatt has been tutoring me so maybe I'll pass it this time. He did remind me today, however, that passing this test really has no bearing on my liviehood and that I can be a pastoral counselor forever with my degree without ever getting my license, which is true...now it's just a matter of pride!

1 comment:

Rushton said...

Prayers for all! God is good. He knows the person praying benefits as much as the one prayed for!
Good luck on your boards - I know the nervous feeling - but I also know you are well prepared!