Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Apartment is Finally Cleaned Out!

After spending the last two weekends cleaning out Mama and Papa Mutt's apartment, I am happy to say that we got everything out finally on Saturday afternoon late. We went through a bunch of stuff and I brought some home and Diana, Robin, and Bill got a lot of what they wanted, but there's still stuff we aren't sure what to do with. We made a Kemp box to take to Papa Mutt's nephew and a Willingham box to take to Mutt's first wife's family. Maybe one day soon I can get Tim to scan some of the old photos we found and post them on here. I found one newspaper clipping of me when I was in 4-H in high school when I did a poster talk on TEETH! Had no idea I would marry a dentist one day...How ironic is that? I won 1st place in the state with that talk, too!

Please continue to pray for Mama. She seems so lost and alone still and her roommate who has been so good to her in the nursing home is moving out tomorrow to go home and live with one of her children. Pray that she'll get another one who will take good care of her. She's not eating and she just wanders around aimlessly. She does still know all of us but she can't understand why we leave her at the nursing home and don't take her with us. I'm praying that when she doesn't know us anymore that the Lord will take her home.

Today I have to go back to the real world and see clients.

Hope 2008 is great for all of you!

3 comments:

Tony said...

real world my foot! No one i have ever talked to has ever been charged a "contact lens fitting" fee. BOOOOO! What's the regular price to have a cavity filled?

Tony said...

by the way - I love ya'll and miss ya'll. Think of you often!

Danny said...

You have my prayers. Your mother and papa Mutt have been special people to me.