Monday, January 14, 2008

Great Weekend

Friday afternoon we went to see the Bucket List. It was a great show. Somewhat bitter sweet but a great show still. Wish I had as much money as jack Nicholson did in that picture so I could do all the stuff he did!

We went to the Bartlett Performing Arts Center on Saturday night to hear Trout Fishing in America. I have a photo of us with them and one of Ed and Leanne Braddock-Cookenham with them that I have tried several times to upload onto this blog but the files must be too big or something because it hangs my computer up every time I try to do it. It was a great concert and we laughed until we cried! They were so funny. It was a great family show! They played all different kids of guitars, banjos, bass fiddles, etc. and sang some songs we knew and a great deal more that were original with the funniest lyrics like "My hair had a party last night...when I went to bed everything was alright...but my hair got into a fight...it must have had a party last night.." We also saw Jim and Julie Chester there and Michael and Melanie Semore there. ( You can go to youtube.com and search for Trout Fishing in America and hear a few of their songs...the Hair one and one called Pico De Gallo and several others that are soooooo funny!)

We ate lunch on Sunday with Rick and Leslie and heard about their adventures in Togo and saw some of their photos. One really interesting one of Rick...I think Leslie should post it on her blog!

On Sunday night, we went to Ross Road for a night of praise led by James Reddick. It was good to see some old friends that we hadn't seen in a long time. One in particular - Ronnie - can't remember his last name, but he was Laura's track coach when she was in Junior High and he wanted to know all about what she's doing now and where she is (as did the Chesters and Semores).

On the way home, we got a call from Reagan. She was on her way home from Nashville and she stopped and spend the night so we got to talk to her for a few minutes. Sounds like she's really enjoying her life right now. I'm happy for her!

Now it's Monday and back to work...wonder if I'll ever in my life have enough time to just lay around long enough to get bored?!?

1 comment:

dragon134 said...

hehe sometimes its hard for me to break out of my "serious novels" - especially since I feel like I ought to be doing something serious with my brain, even though it's technically "on vacation"..... it sounds like you're busy, but having a lot of fun - what a great way to be!