Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mama and Papa Mutt are finally moved!

Well, I spent Monday night and all day Tuesday of this week in Corinth unpacking boxes at Mama and Papa Mutt's new apartment. It was fun being with Diana and Robin and Cheryl...Diana was beginning to think that her name was "Mama" because we all kept asking her what we should do about this or that. I hated leaving them on Tuesday night before it was all finished, but I had to get back for Wednesday. Cheryl made wonderful chicken noodle soup for us on Tuesday night for dinner, then I left and came home leaving Diana and Robin to finish up by themselves. Mama and Papa Mutt had been in Ponotoc with his nephew, Wallace, since Sunday afternoon. He brought them to the apartment on Wednesday afternoon. They are adjusting, I guess, but it's different from a three bedroom house to move into a one bedroom apartment. The neighbors are all really friendly though. They all came over and met us while we were unpacking and they seem very welcoming and nice so maybe Mama and Papa Mutt will be happy there. They've already found their way to WalMart and Papa Mutt has found a doctor so that's good.

I had a phone call from the past tonight. My second cousin, Debra Skelton Skipper, called. She has moved to Southhaven. We grew up around the road from each other and spent a lot of time together but we haven't seen in other in a long time so maybe now we'll reconnect. For your info, Beckie, she's Anne Skelton's niece.

Tim and I had a nice anniversary dinner on last night at Paulette's. I took a walk on the wild side and instead of my regular desert, i ordered a fresh peach crepe...I was not disappointed! And then we went over to the Studio on the Square to see "Little Miss Sunshine." It was a really funny movie; however, I didn't realize that it was a R rated movie and the language was terrible, but it was really good otherwise. We were going to leave town and we told everyone that was what we were going to do, but then we just stayed home and it has been really nice...I think the phone has only rang 3 times all day long...Tim did go do some dental work today...He traded some implants for a small pick-up truck!
So now, we are really vehicle poor! OH, WELL, GIVES HIM SOMETHING TO GO FISHING IN INSTEAD OF MY CADALLIAC!

3 comments:

Rick and Leslie said...

No "K Pie"!!!! I'm shocked!!!!!!
=-))
We went to The Melting Pot for our anniversary, it was great. The four of us need to go there for dessert sometime soon.
Leslie =-)

Tammie's Thoughts said...

That sounds really good as long as you don't make me order the meat thing and cook my own meat...I've done that once it looking at that raw meat about grossed me out!

BW said...

Congrats on the anniversary...32? Jenn wrote on her website that it was her 32nd birthday. Since I have a mind like a steel trap I knew immediately that it was your 32nd anniversary! I spent the weekend at my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary celebration. I was their flower girl. Wasn't it amazing that they had a flower girl who was only 18 months old?
I am so happy that you took a walk on the wild side! I am so excited about Novemeber 22. We are going to have fun!!