Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good bye car, God bye dear friend

Well, this weekend has been a bitter sweet one for me. It started on Thursday night when I followed some folks from Sycamore View down to Ecru, MS (near Ponotoc) to the visitation of Linda Rogers and Tony Horton's father. Tony was my first camp love. Linda and I went to church together for the last 20 years or so. Her daughter, Jessica, and Joe(y) grew up together. I would not have know Tony if I had run into him on the street. He does not have one hair on his head but then again, he has not put on nearly the weight that I have, but he did say he would recognize me with my dimples....we had a good visit catching up with each other.

I left there and went to Corinth so that I could stay with Mama on Friday morning while Mutt had some tests run. I spent the night with Diana. In my hurry to get to Mama's, I lost control on a curve...it had just begun to rain and I couldn't make it. Your mind really thinks weird things at times like that. When I finally realized that I wasn't going to get contol of the car again, I just closed my eyes and let go of the steering wheel. I thought, "I'm going to have a wreck." I don't remember anything else until I came to a stop hanging upside down in the seatbelt. I remmeber thinking, "Am I dead or alive?" Since I could think, I decided I must be alive and I let myself out of my seatbelt. The passenger side window was broken out so I wiggled my way over to there and looked at the field and thought, "If I crawl out there, I'm going to get muddy...but if I stay in the car and the gas tank blows, I'll die, so I think muddy is better." By then several men were there asking if I was ok. I told them I thought I was. I could walk and move all my limbs...One of them crawled into the car for me to get my purse so I could call my sister an she called my brother who called the HWY Patrol. About that time. Billy, Diana's boyfriiend who was coming to do yardwork in her yard came up. I have never been so glad to see anyone in my life! He took me to his back seat and told me to lay down and rest. The patrolman didn't give me a ticket. He said he figured my day had started bad enough already. But in truth, I was really blessed because I went right between a sign post and a light pole and didn't hit either. The air bag didn't even deploy. The top didn't cave in. I have a cracked verterbrate in the upper lower part of my back which is pretty painful, but is getting better and the dr. put me to bed for this week. I can get up when I want to but he said not to over do it. I only had to take pain meds once today so it's getting better. I got Napoleon at the Toyota place to order me a new car just like my old one. It should be here in a couple of weeks,,,now if my insurance totals the other one. The patrol man and the wrecker guy both thought it would be totaled. I don't know if I'm more upset about my back or about my car!
Robiin, my brother, took photos with my phone but I don't know how to down load them to the computer,,,If I ever do, I'll post some,

One more sad note, My freind, Evelyn Tucker, died a couple of weeks ago and her son didn't let anyone from church know until it was all over and done and she was buried, He cut her off from all her friends for the last few months and now this,,,I just can't understand. But I surely did love her and am glad that she is no longer suffering in this world! I will see her again one day!

6 comments:

Rushton said...

Now you follow all the GOOD advice you have given me in the last six weeks. You get plenty of rest. You sweet thing. God had an angel in the car with you. Probably one of the same ones who was with Lyn when she was upside-down.
I figure the reunions in heaven will take at least a few thousand years, just think of all the people we'll want to catch up with besides seeing for the first time!

James T Wood said...

Oh, wow! I'm glad you're ok (well, mostly). Take care of yourself. God was taking care of you.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you're alright! Let me know if you need any help or anything. God was definately looking out for you!

Jenn said...

OH MY WORD!! Miss Tammie, I am so glad that you are okay! How scary it was to read your post...When I read the title, I just thought that Tim had sold your car or something. Aren't you so glad that Diana's friend was there close? We are, too!
Get some good rest and we will see you in a few weeks!
Much love and prayers for healing for you!!

BW said...

We know all about God and his angels helping someone hanging up-side down in a car in a field. Lyn, Reagan and now you. Thank you, Lord!

Matt said...

That is pretty scary stuff. I thought for sure you were going to say you closed your eyes and sand, "Jesus take the wheel." I sure hope you feel better soon. Missy and I will be praying for you.