Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Relaxing Week

This has been one of the most relaxing weeks of my life! Tim is gone skiing in Whistler. Joe is in China. I did not schedule any clients and so I have been sleeping when I want, reading when I want, watching TV when I want, eating when I want, etc. Still haven't gotten bored though! I put on clothes for the first time today and went and got my roots done and hair cut.

I did weather the storms last night with no problem. The tornado sirens went off constantly for about 2 hours and this thing kept flashing on the TV screen interrupting my lifetime channel which was rather irritating, but all the other stations just had news on them...I knew it was bad weather...I didn't need to watch that. I never lost power. Thanks to all of you who called last night or this morning to make sure I made it ok.

Joe did call and wake me up one morning this week. He and Luke are having a great time in China. He thinks he might want to get a job there and stay. We'll see what comes of that.

Tim is having a great time skiing. The high has been around -4 everyday...not exactly my idea of a good time! This is his annual "man trip" but this time they have Bobby's wife, Sherry, and Ben's wife, Amy, with them. I'm not sure that Sherry and Amy aren't getting the short end of the stick having to cook every night and watch movies like 310 to Yuma.

Laura has called to check on me twice. She's doing fine. She knew more about the tornados than I did...go figure....

I'm on my way to Corinth in a little bit to see Mama. Be back tomorrow in time for class tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Rushton said...

So glad you weathered the weather! It missed us by 6 miles on one side, 12 on another and the final one was about 8 away.
Scott and I were so sick with the flu, we really didn't care if we made it or not. I did do a "Mother" thing, I have to admit. I did take a shower in case I was found dead, I'd at least be clean!

Jenn said...

How is Laura feeling?? Does she have a bump yet?
Glad that you had a relaxing time while Tim was off playing!!