Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hooray!!!

Well, the big test is over once again. I don't think it was as hard this time but that's not saying that I passed. There were 2 questions that had straight answers that I knew that only one answer could be correct... well, actually, there were 3 but one of them was about a symdrom that I had never heard of (Picca) I'll have to look it up. I"m just glad it's over for now!!! Tim and I are going to see a movie and relax!

And I have to tell you, it is a really small world! Last night, Daniel and Susanne Hurd were here and we went to eat at Bonefish Grill. Food was excellent. We were sitting at a community table because we didn't have reservations and these other two couples came and sat on the other end. Before the night was over, the guy next to me turned and introducted himself and he was from INDIANOLA, MS! Can you believe that ?... and that's not all, his brother went to church with me all while I was growning up and he knew my Daddy and my Uncles and Bill and Diana and almost everybody I knew in Indianola and a lot of people I didnt' know. He used to be a crop duster and he did my daddy's fields. Now he's retired and lives in Grmantown. And he had that Delta gentleman accent - you know where they say "Dolla" instead of dollar. He knows mama and Mutt. It was really neat. Of course, Tim and Daniel spend the whole night talking about flying so he (his name was Larry Hall) coulnd't resist getting in on the conversation. Beckie, you would love to have hime in your speech class as a guest...he speaks more"delta" that Jay Henley - who he also knows!

7 comments:

DCT said...

It really is a small world. You never know who you are going to run in to. That proves that what my mother said was true. "You never know who is watching!"

Melody said...

I hope your test went well!!!

Sam said...

Is Picca compulsive eating--like people who often need surgery for swallowing objects that should never be eaten? Or am I thinking of something else?(Drea)

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Yes, Drea, yu are correct! How come everyone in the world knows that except for me????

Anonymous said...

So, any word on your test?

Suzanne

Tammie's Thoughts said...

NO, I won't hear anything on my test for probably 4 weeks....
Did you ever get your blog up, Susanne?

Anonymous said...

Not yet. But I will soon. Glad you and Tim had a great weekend. Daniel flew on Saturday while I went for a run at the park. Daniel had to work today and I cooked and cleaned. Have a great week and tell Tim we said hello. Love ya