Sunday, May 21, 2006

Celebration Sunday

We had our big kickoff this morning at Sycmore view for Project Fredom (a project designed to get us out of debt and build an addition to the building). Our goal was 3 million and the annount pledged as of this morning was almost 2.8 million, so we're not too far off goal. I pray that the Lord will bring that in soon! It was a good day a fun and fellowship for everyone.

Tim has been in an art Seminar all weekend with Alex Powers. He is supposed to be some famous artist from Myrtle Beach. He's published a book so I guess that makes him an expert. I, however, am not too impressed with his work...it's too loose for my taste! But it's right up Tim's alley.

Woodie Cooke and I were talking aobut Laura's wedding yesterday. Laura has decided that she is going to wear her jeans but at least she is going to buy new jeans and so is John and she is making herslef a new top to wear. We (Woodie and I) decided that thier theme song should be "I Did It My Way" - the Elvis version since it's going to be in Memphis. Laura and John thought that was pretty funny. Her shower is next Sunday afternoon.

Think I'll sign off now and try to catch a few z' before homegroup tonight.

1 comment:

BW said...

And Tamara Alice, I also pray that you know how much you and your family mean to me and mine. What would we do without each other!!!

Where and what time is the shower?

I will be delighted to play the Elvis version on CD if Laura and John need me to. I can even drum up some Elvis on black velvet if they want that.