Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gettng stood up

Well, I'm sitting in the office fighting very hard to stay awake and get ready for my first client of the day but it's 4:20 and she hasn't shown yet, so I guess i'm getting stood up for the first time. And I don't like it very much especially since I spend about an hour prparing for what I was going to do with this kid to day! And Laura and John are supposed to be here sometime this afternoon and I have clients schedulded until 8:00. Maybe I need to be uisng this time to call and confirm the others so I don't sit up here and wait for no-shows all afternoon and evening. Wehn I went downwstaris about 2:00 to check on something the sky was black it was so stormy outside so mayve the weather is keeping peope in but it does seem like they would call. Guess I'm getting my initiation into the real world. And since theese people are from another church that we have a contract with and it isn't costing them anything, I guess I just proves my point that you value what you pay for.
Or maybe they thought they got just what they paid for last week - nothig! Who knows? I'll have to give them a call and find out what's going on here in a little bit. Forgive this whiney blog...I'll do my best to be more upbeat in the next one!

4 comments:

BW said...

Please, please tell me that you were there at 4:22 PM and NOT AM. As for being stood up, I have experienced lots of that in my SLP practice. Do you all have a policy of two or three missed/unexcused absences and no more appointments?

Hope you have a fun, fun weekend with John and Laura. I NEED to come to Memphis and have a Tammie/Tim fix pretty soon.
Love you!!!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Tim says to tell you that after 2 missed appointments, if they don't call 24 hours in advance, they must give a credit card number and it cost 50% of the cost of the appointment to hold the next appointment...if they fail to keep that appointment, the credit card is charged. He's serious about this stuff...I'm not quite there yet...but yes is was 4:22 PM and not AM...
I have enjoyed my time with John and Laura today. Picked out wedding cakes this morning...$300 worth...cakes are expensive especially when they have to come from the French pastry place, but they will be good! One white with strawberry filling and one chocolate with straberry filling covered with chocolate covered strawberries...Tim and Vivian will be delighted!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

chocolate covered strawberries, mmmmmmm....i'm delighted too! -april

Jenn said...

Oh, YUM! The cakes sound great! Maybe the baby will come early and we can come to the wedding! Just kidding...you know that James' babies are NEVER early! Have fun with Laura and John.