Friday, May 12, 2006

Good Visit

Laura and John just left and we had a good visit. About the only decision we made on the wedding was the cake...She took several of my old dresses home with her thinking she might wear one of them or have one made to look like one of them. She especially likes the bridesmaid dress I wore in Stella Clegg and Jay Henley's wedding (they got married a week before Tim and me). The outfit she has pictured for John will either have to be bought at Berdorf's in New York or London or Paris or at Goodwill...Dillards's or Macy's won't carry it. And she wants real ivy to go around the patio railing...anyone have real ivy growing in their yard?

I tried to talk them into going to Europe on their honeymoon and letting me go with them...I figured they'd have more fun with me along to laugh at...just lilke you, do, Reagan, but they didn't buy that...somehow I think they'd rather be alone. Their time here was up just too soon and we didn't have enought time to sit around and chat. Does this mean that we've grown into the world of real adulthood and we'll never think we have enough time with our daughter and her husband (to be) again?

We're having more field stone and dirt delivered today...Hope we dont' have a repeat of last time when the truck turned over in the yard. Too bad we don't have time to get a pool in before the wedding. That would look really cool!

If you want a good laugh, go the Brett and April Emerson's blog - www.theemersonfamily.blogspot,com - and read the comment that I left under the entry for Caden's audio communication to everyone. I already got quite a rise out of one grandmother. We had lots of fun with it! Caden is getting so big and so cute!

We're having a beautiful day here. Hope you all are too!

5 comments:

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

you want ivy? talk to my mom or dad. they have a backyard full of it.

Jenn said...

Ivy, eh? My mom and dad have a ton of it too...just make sure you keep it in water until you transplant it. We used it on tons of stuff at our wedding. Come to think of it, I found an old Easter egg in the ivy (in August) when I was getting some for our wedding.

Unknown said...

you can't come on my honeymoon, either....i'm sorry.

Jenn said...

What honeymoon? Do you need to fill us in on something? Oh, and when are you going to be here in our great state of Texas, Reagan?

Unknown said...

no, no, no....sorry to disappoint....it was just for future reference!! i promise if anything ever happens i will let everyone know.

jenn, just got to dallas today...