Monday, May 29, 2006

Laura's Shower

This has been a good Memorial Day weekend. Laura and John were here for their bridal shower. About 15 minutes before it was time to leave for the shower, Laura was looking everywhere for something to wear. She left the dress she'd planned to wear at home. I had fun teasing her today before they left about NOT doing that before the wedding. I'd say it was a fair estimation of the situation to say that they were whelmed. They opened gifts from 3:00 until about 4:50 without taking a break at all and neither took time to drink punch or eat. I, of course, on the ohter hand decided to have a little cheesecake and dropped it right in the middle of the floor right in front of everybody. Fortunately no one had a camera ready to take a photo of that mess but everyone got their laugh at my expense as usual. John did very well smiling and being cordial to all those ladies he didn't know. And two of my dearest friends in the whole wide world showed up from Searcy and surprised us. Beckie and Beth came over. It was so good to see them and get to visit. My other best friends in the whole world were throwing the shower. The day could not have been better. Beckie and Beth helped us bring all the stuff home from the church building since Tim was so smart and made arrangements to meet a patient at the office at 5:00 to recement a crown and was not available to help us. Katie Fulfer had her shower going on at the same time so we went to hers for a few minutes before Laura's started and then she came to ours a few minutes after hers was over. The very last gift that Laura picked up to open happened to be the gift that we had bought for Katie...don't know how that got mixed up but it was convient for her to be in the room with us so she got to open it with us there.

I retake my test on Thursday...Be praying for me to have a "ready recollection" of all that I've studied and "miraculaus memory" of everything else! On Saturday I leave for Philadelphia. Hope it's going to be as good of an experience as I am anticipating!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, I'm so glad that her shower went great! Isn't it always a great surprise to have visitors? Good job, Miss Beckie and Mom!
Now quit blogging and get to studying for Thursday!! We'll be thinking of you!!!

Unknown said...

i think mom got a picture of the cake on the floor.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Great! Did she get the cheesecake on my fat belly, too?

Anonymous said...

As soon as I can figure out how to get the pic off my new camera, I will send them to you. The computer at home is more difficult to use than my Mac at school, but school is out so I have to wait for Rick to show me how to handle the PC. Wish me luck. =-)
Leslie
PS Good luck on your test Thursday, I'll be praying hard for you!!=-)

Anonymous said...

We had fun sharing the day with you. I know I can speak for Beckie too...Do really great on your test tomorrow!! I'll pray for youto remember all you've been taught and read!! Love you.