Friday, September 22, 2006

Different day

I had planned to attend the AWH National Council Meeting today in Searcy, but you know, sometimes, life just happens, and things don't work the way we think they should...i came home with a bad headache last night and took meds and laid down thinking it would go away like it has been doing lately, but it didn't...When Tim got home, he had to give me a shot. I had to miss going to sing to Mr. Al Simko, the sweetest little man at church who can't get around very well anymore. When I woke up this morning, I still had the headache and felt too woozie to drive, I stayed home. I really hated to miss that meeting. It is the funniest one all year because you get to meet all the students who get AWH scholarships. But anyway...

Today, Tim took me to see "Flyboys" this afternoon. It was a WWI movie about pilots. He love it, I liked it ok...
After last week's movie about football, I'm due a "chick flick" pretty soon!

Gotta get my speech for the Harding lectureships finished up and the power point done....That's next Tueday.

All you people out there reading my blog, leave me a comment so I'll know you're there!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you are feeling better! We missed you last night.

Rushton said...

I can feel for you! I had one of my worst headaches ever a few weeks ago and called Scott to come home from work to hold my hand and my head while I waited in the dark.
Can you believe Beckie ate tripe? ICK! I'm so glad she ate gelato afterward for you! Ohh, I'm still shivering!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

don't worry....even though we don't comment on every other post (like you do on ours) ;), we still read about your life regularly. harding lecturships, eh? what's your topic? wish we could be there! -april

Jenn said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. I'm sure that they missed you in Searcy at the AWH meeting, too. Don't let Tim overwhelm you with the boy movies, we MUST have our chick flicks every once in a while!! Aaron made their schedule at work this week and we are going to be at Homecoming!!! Yah! Can't wait to see ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. I try to keep up with you even if we don't talk as much as I would like. Keri and Ian are fine and send their love.

Rick and Leslie said...

Hi!
I didn't know you were doing a talk at Harding Lectures! How cool is that!! Enjoyed lunch today with ya'll. We need to get both our guys to take us to a chick flick and then beat them in some card games. =-)
That last comment should get a rise out of one of them, heehee.
Leslie <><

Unknown said...

hey, i'm still coming to see you thursday night, but its going to be later that i said originally...i have a CPR class at 3:30. it should take about an hour or an hour and a half.

Anonymous said...

Wish you well!

Anonymous said...

I forgot you were speaking this week...I guess you would have called if you needed a place to stay? Hope it went okay and glad you're feeling
better!