Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

What a fun weekend we had! We went to Huntsville on Saturday morning to visit with Tim's family. Denise and Wayne and Johnathan and Sandy and Karina and her baby, Lucian, were there also. We had quite an enjoyable visit. We all went to church together on Sunday morning and then cooked out burgers for lunch. It was pretty funny because Tim's dad was saying that someone needed to make the hamburger patties and I was the only woman in the kitchen...every one else was changing clothes. I DO NOT PUT MY HANDS IN YUCKY STUFF LIKE HAMBURGER MEAT!!! I BUY ALREADY MADE HAMBURGER PATTIES OR TIM MAKES THEM!!! I immediately left the kitchen and went looking for Tim. When I came back with Tim, his dad was working all kinds of spices into the meat and cutting them out with a coffee cup. I don't know why he asked for someone else to do it anyway since he wanted to spice them up the way he wanted to do it. They were really delicious! After lunch, we all left for home.

On Monday morning, we went down to Corinth to spend the day with my family. It was fun, too. It's so nice to have most of my family in Corinth now. It's only a 30 minute plane ride. Billy came back with Diana and we flew him back to Indianola at the end of the day so it made our ride home a little longer but not nearly as long as his 4 hour drive would have been. Tim took my nephew, Tracy, up in the plane and few him over his house and his school. Tracy had never been in a plane before and he was so excited. Diana was going to let him ride back to the house in her convertible with the top down. He was running around the airport saying, "This is the best day of my life!" He was even hoping that his teacher was going to let them write about what they did on Labor Day today at school.

And I even got up and walked this morning...I don't know how far, but I could barely make it back home....I just kept saying to myself...you'll walk further than this in Italy every day....this will be nothing compared to how far you'll walk in Italy....now if I can just keep getting up and walking so I can do it when I get to Italy in November without dying! It's not too late, Diana...you can still get a ticket to go with us!

If you want to see some beautiful paintings, look at Tim's blog - artist-timblogspot.com but if you want to see some beautiful photography, look at Laura's blog hackerwrightblogspot.com Both of my children got their dad's skinny gene and his artistic gene....I am glad for them...too bad he can't somehow pass them on to me...I'd be satisfied with just the skinnny one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi aunt tammie, sorry i havnt written more. It has just been really crazy with soo much reading and tests already! wow sounds like you had a great labor day. As you know harding doesnot take monday off! So there as usual were a few complaints and i worked on sat. so there wasnt much of a weekend for me. However the weather is beginning to cool off some and it feels wonderful. I cant wait for full blown fall. You should see the campus its gorgeous. The Heritage Inn is nearly complete (including the chapel in the sky as we call it). The first wedding has already happened. Also they are thru with keller dormitory and the new lilly pond is nearly complete. Ill take some pics with anthonies camera and email them to ya when everything is complete. TTYL wil

BW said...

I love the genes you have!!!