Sunday, September 17, 2006

Shannon's Wedding

First let me correct Laura and John's blog address from the last post. It is www.hackerwright.blogspot.com

Now on to Shannon's wedding. Shannon is the daughter of my first cousin, Linda Sigler Mitchell, daughter of my Aunt Des, sister of my mother. Shannon went with us when we went to Ireland several years ago. She was our driver and did a great job driving that big van on the left side of the little small lanes in Ireland. And she was with us when we went to Italy a couple of year ago when Laura joined up and we spend a week in a villa in Tuscany and the pope died in Rome. The wedding was beautiful and I was so excited to see Sherry, Shannon's friend from Canada who had also gone to Italy with us. Mike James, who took my wedding pictures and Laura's wedding pictures also took Shannon's pictures. She had not decided on a photographer so after she saw Laura's photos on the web, she decided she'd have Mike come to do hers. I'm really glad, I think she won't find anyone that she would have been more pleased with. Her flower girls and one of the ring bearers really gave a show to everyone. The other ring bearer was the son of the groom. He was precious and he did everything just perfectly. The only thing that I originally thought was bad about this whole thing is that I found out that she is going to Greece on her honeymoon. That was our next trip that we had planned and now she's going without us! But we (my cousins and me) decided that maybe that would be good for us because she can go first and find out all the neat things we need to do and see and plan our trip for us (if she gets out of her hotel room long enough). Her husband promised that he wouldn't be one who would whine if she decided that she wanted to go on a trip with us...we shall see....

It was really neat seeing so much of our family all there together for a happy occasion instead of a funeral! Tim and Joe went fishing. They had a great day together, but I'm sorry they missed seeing everyone at the wedding. You can read about their fishing trip at www.artist-tim.blogspot.com

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the wedding, but I was responding to your comment.

I was here last weekend, but went home this weekend. It was my parents' 36th anniversary and Mama asked me to come home, so I did. I'll be here next weekend, but I'll be gone the two weekends after that! Whew... after that I should be around on the weekends until Thanksgiving.