Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sitting in Chicago

Well, here I sit in the Sheraton in Chicago...a very nice hotel and outside it is cold and rainy and yucky...I have gotten a lot of studying done at least yesterday morning and then in the afternoon Tim came and got me and we walked on a wild goose chase to find this wonderful area full of art galleries. The sun was shining and it was beautiful, but it was cold, so after walking about two hours and not finding any art galleries open (they were all open by appointment only) we headed for Starbucks to get warm and use the computer. We went to the third Starbucks before we found one that had internet access! (I thought they all had it!) Today, Tim had a luncheon to go to and considering the weather, I have stayed in my nightie in the hotel room studying all day, ordering room service for lunch and now finally giving in and paying for a day of internet service to the hotel. Neither of us was very smart when we left home. Obviously, we were both just ready to get away because neither of us brought warm clothes. Tim does have his fishing jacket and I do have some "Traveler's" from Chicos that I can layer but nothing to keep the rain out. I WILL plan better when I go to Italy!

3 comments:

BW said...

Southern Italy should be only jacket weather. I might be rainy but not at all like Chicago! Beautiful sights. Can't wait.
Much love,
B

Rushton said...

I haven't been to Chicago since I was a little girl. Scott's been a couple of times in the last ten years or so. Eat a street vendor hot dog for me! Vienna Beef #6 with all the goodies

DCT said...

We really missed you and Tim at Homecoming. It was really hard on those of us in Searcy without you two, Beckie or Vivian. We had a wonderful time but wished you were here. Enjoy Italy. I will anxiously await your posts.