Sunday, October 29, 2006

Big Revelation

We just returned from Chicago to learn that Jesus is coming soon! That's right...you read it here first...Jesus is coming soon! Curt Sparks told me that his contract with Sycamore View was "until Jesus comes" and today while Tim and I were in Chicago, i hear that he announced that he and Nedra (yes, he's taking her with him and she just started a new job at HUGSR!) will be moving to Kansas City in January, so I guess that means you'd better get ready because if Curt was telling the truth about his contract, then Jesus will be coming in January! I have not yet had the opportunity to speak to Curt personally, but I will...I might have to twist his arm and make him promise to send me a hand craved Santa very year from now until "Jesus comes"; I'm not sure that I can trust him on that particular statement anymore. We'll have to work something out...At least when we go to visit John and Laura in Kansas City, we'll have a church we know we want to go visit!

Now back to our Chicago trip. We really enjoyed it. I got lots of studying done. Tim got lots of networking done. It was decided that the 2008 Southern District ADID Meeting will be in Atlanta. That was not my first choice, but they didin't ask me. Tim will be the president then so I will have to get out of my room and be nice to the other wives.

We went to see two Broadway shows. On Friday night, we saw "Piriate Queen" and on Saturday night, we saw "Altar Boyz."
The music in both was fantastic. The story in Piriate Queen was happy and sad and then it had a happy ending so, of course, I loved that. the "Altar Boyz" had great voices and the whole thing was sadly about the insecerity and way we "go through the motions" of church too often without really worshipping as we really should be. We wanted to see "Wicked" but it was sold out. We also enjoyed having Showtime in our room so we could just watch movies...you know how we love movies and some good ones just happened to be on when we were in the room. That was a serendipity.

We got home tonight and are enjoying sitting around doing a little of nothing...We ended up not getting to go to Harding homeconing and we really hated that! Tim had a meeting that he really needed to go to on Saturday at noon and the weather was not supposed to be good Saturday afternoon to fly so we just decided to stay. We really enjoyed out extra time togethrer, but we really missed seeing all our friends! We were especially sad today to read that Dr. Joe Pryor had died. He was a great man who had such a godly influence on the lives of so many people! May God comfort his family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i so missed u at homecoming. So many people asked where u were! Just thought u should know u were missed and loved. Wil

DCT said...

Wil summed it up! You were missed! I think they just passed a rule for the future that Homecoming must be postponed if TSH cannot be present!!

Anonymous said...

Well, today is my last edition of "Wish you Well". It has been nice to say this to you and though you are curious of my anonymity it has has been fun and I hope you can be encouraged by someone Wishing you Well.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Anonymous,
I am so glad that you and Tim have had so much fun laughing because he knows something that I don't know but if this really is your last time, you could have the courtesy to reveal your identity or I might have to torture Tim by tickling him until he tells me or never mind...that might embarass me if i say that.

BW said...

Tammie, I want you to remember that Kurt did NOT leave because of my phone call! I am in no way responsible for his departure.