Monday, October 09, 2006

Zoe Confernece

We had a great time at the Zoe Conference. We was a great time of worship and praise. I attended the break out sessions by Rhonda Lowry, wife of the Lipscomb president, and it was a great lesson on grace. She used the prodigal son as the basis for her lesson. She also sent us out to meditate for 30 minutes...I find that very hard to do...to be still and quiet and not let my mind think but try to listen for the voice of God (not speaking out loud to me, but in my heart). Thirty minutes is a long time for me to be still and quiet without going to sleep! But I made it. Randy Gill spoke on Saturday night. He did a great job, too. We got to see so many friends that we haven't seen in a long time. I am going to try to post some of the photos here, but Tim is not here to help me so I don't know that I can do it by myself. I did get them off the camera and onto my desk top but I'm not sure how to get them onto this blog spot.

Well, I've spent about twenty minutes trying to get the photos on here with no success, so I'll wait til tonight and get Tim to help me, but we saw Janet Johns Bowers, Lwana Case Gill, Ken and Crystal Delano, Shannon Cooper and his cute little wife, Alita Gable and Travis and his cute little wife, Andee and Jimmy Cone, as well as several who were there from Sycamore View and two or three who came up and said they knew us from Harding days but, of course, we didn't have you, Beckie to be our brain for us and neither Tim nor I could remember who they were. I think I'm not going to do so well at homecoming this year without you, Rebecca Jane...

Laura left yesterday to go on a camping trip with her school with her new job. She is working with a Kansas City Environmental School that has a camping trip once in the fall and once in the spring. She is responsible for the fundraising in the whole school and planning all the field trips and when she's not doing that, she will be assisting the science teacher. I think she will enjoy it. I also think it is ironic because it is just the kind of thing I would have done at her age and I did do for her and Joe all through their school years when she used to tell me that she was never going to be like me but as she reminded me yesterday-she is getting paid to do it and I never got a pay check, but I did get paid with lots of hugs and thank yous from the teachers and the children.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

john/laura said...

the most hilarious thing about the "environmental" school is that they use styrofoam trays in the cafeteria at lunch. at least 500 kids a day buy their lunch in the cafeteria at that school. that means at least 500 10"x8" styrofoam trays get thrown in the trash everyday. this is at least 6 garbage bags full of trash per lunch. that makes 30 bags of trash per week.
it's gross.
i'm going to try to do something about this, but i am so so low on the totem poll.. i mean, who is going to listen to someone who has a job for which the duties include lunch room monitor? i certainly wouldn't. yes, i have an m.a. in french and part of my job description is lunch room duty.
i could just cry.
i guess being a flight attendent WOULD be one step up.
but then, a flight attendent's job is constant lunchroom duty. you're just picking up after adults instead of after kids.
someone should just give me a lobotomy.
it's just a temporary job.
it's only temporary, i will have a different job after a year or so. maybe.