Tuesday, July 31, 2007

California


We had a great time in California. The highlight of our trip was getting to see Allen and Sarah Gillespie for a little while. They are doing great and Allen seems really exicted about his work with Pepperdine.

Our limo picked us up a the airport and took us to the hotel. Those seminar people really know how to treat their people.

Our bag got to LA about 12 hours after we did...so the first order of the day on Friday morning was to find clean underwear...I always take a backpack with my meds and clean underwear, but this time, I didn't...fortunately, there was a Wal-mart across the street from the hotel so we could walk over and get what we needed. I can wear that outter wear for several days but I gotta have clean underwear! There was also a Starbucks for which we were very grateful...the coffee at the hotel was nasty! The rest of the breakfast was really tasty though. Friday was a very relaxing day...since we didn't have our bag, we didn't feel the need to get up early and pack every sight seeing thing we could into that one day. We went to Downtown Disney and ate at the Rainforest Cafe (photos are on Tim's blog). We had the best coconut shrimp that we have ever eaten there!

On Saturday, Tim went to his training and I laid around and read a novel and visited with Allen and Sarah and then that night a hummer limo picked up me and the other wives and took us to meet out husbands for dinner at the very nice fancy resturant.

On Sunday, the limo took us back to the airport and we had an unevenful flight back to Atlanta but then, we had a seven hour delay in Atlanta because of the weather so instead of getting home at 7:00 it was almost 1:00 am...It was quite interesting...Delta kept chaning our departing time and our departure gate...we're supposed to go to another seminar in Tampa this weekend...hope the travel will be less trouble free but I will be taking my backpack with my meds and clean underwear on the plane with me this time!

3 comments:

john/laura said...

a hummer limo?

for the wives?

to meet the husbands at a fancy restaurant?

that all sounds kind of creepy to me.


but i'm glad you had fun and found some underwear and a starbucks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to see Allen and Sarah{and a little jealous}=-)
Your return trip sounded like our back in December from LAX. We ended up with an overnight layover in Chicago(unexpected, but weather related)I hope your Fla. trip is less stressful =-)

Jason said...

I am glad to see, that you have a good time in L.A.
California is a best place for rest.
And went to the resturant on Hummer
limo
nowadays are going be popular! Probably to impress public or just for comfort!