Monday, July 23, 2007

The Kids are gone

The kids are gone. The house is quiet except for my coughing and blowing my nose (I know - that's probably too much information for most of you, but this cold is driving me crazy and making be feel very unproductive...the medicine I'm taking makes me feel like I have a sack over my head and I don't want to do anything except lay on the couch and sleep...of course, that's what I want to do most of the time anyway...now I just have a real reason to get by with it!)

The search cmmittee told us yesterday that they are essentially starting over with their search for a pulpit minister. None of the 3 they had it worked down to worked out so we'll get to enjoy John Mark Hicks a little longer. If any of you have any great suggestions, let me know.

Tim and I are leaving on Thursday to go to LA, CA for Tim's last training on his Laser equipment. We'll have Friday to play and then he'll be in classes all day Saturday. We're trying to work out getting to do dinner with Allen and Sarah Gillespie on Friday night, The Laser compnay will treat us on Saturday night (as much as that piece of equipment cost, I'm sure that we more than paid for that dinner but anyway it's a nice perk which they do not have to give). We'll be home sometime on Sunday.

Have great week!

4 comments:

BW said...

That search committee has my sympathies. That is the hardest job I ever had!!

Have fun in LA. Drive up and down the PCH. It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have a cold...after all your company thta is not a good end. Have a great trip to LA! Thanks for your call as you saw all the fireworks tents...it has been a big part of our lives.

Rushton said...

I've not been to LA in over 30 years. Scott went a few years ago and I didn't know a thing he was talking about except the ocean! It would be tiring, but I think that would be a fun trip to take in Tim's plane. Sort of like Scott and I taking off for the east coast on the bike, it was great!

Matt said...

Sorry to hear they haven't found the right person yet. I am sure someone really good is in store. Sycamore View is such a great place! God bless,

Matt