Monday, July 09, 2007

Exercising

OK, I did it. I got up this morning and joined Bartlett Rec and worked out on the elipital (SP?) machine for a little over 8 minutes. Dr. Cole told me to do 8 minutes for the first week and then build up a minute a week. I think I can build up faster than that, but I'm going to do it as he says because I don't want to hurt my back. I'm thinking maybe if I make it public knowledge on this blog, I'll be too ashamed to not do it at least 4 times a week or more. He actually says I should exercise every day that I eat...maybe I'll have to start fasting some days!

Tim got challenged yesterday at church to get ready to run a half marathon in December so he started running yesterday. He ran 1.7 miles in just a few minutes. I think I got about a third of a mile in 8 minutes this morning...but I did get my heart rate up good....if I do this consistently and don't see any pounds go down on the scales, I will be sorely dissappointed!

7 comments:

BW said...

You are my hero!

Jenn said...

WoHOO! How great for you...8 minutes is better than no minutes! That is great! We are off to the gym when Parker gets up from his nap!

Anonymous said...

Way to good girl!! Even if there is not a big weight loss it will make you feel better.(That's what "they" say, anyway!!!)Good luck.

Rushton said...

You know the magic endorphin "high" you are supposed to get after exercise? Never had it. Even when I was a guinea pig for NASA while I was at Harding riding that stupid stationary bike to Little Rock every week - never. Not once. I think it is genetic that skinny people lie.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I secretly agree with you, Rushton, I've never gotten that high either or worked out long enough or hard enough to feel better like "they" say you will, bj, but I've been three times this week hoping it's going to build up my back strength like the doctor says it will! I still can't do very much bending or carrying heavy stuff with out my lower back hurting so I'm willing to try what he says anyway for a while.

Anonymous said...

More and more men are using it for the first of the month.
What it mostly is, however, the company has a long and happy life.
Leave a length of yarn, sew one front and one back ear section together to form
one ear.

Look into my blog see This Website

Anonymous said...

Fears about the effects of its life-long use could be. Since I was recently asked to write a review of Pfizer's farmacia on line patent void doesn't
mean you should do a little research before you decide to resell the handset down the line.


My webpage ... you can check here