Thursday, July 05, 2007

Cousins' Reunion

We had a cousins' reunion with some of the cousins on my mom's side of the family on Saturday, June 30. Only about 7 or 8 of us (out of 20 or so) made it, but those of us who were there had a great time! I was goimg to put some photos on here, but Tim has not had time to down load them to my computer and I have no idea how to do it so I decided I'd write about it any way. We did get one major decision made...We are going to try to go to Greece in March next year if we can find prices that are at all reasonalble - I've been looking, but so far I've not found anything cheap. Wil, ny nephew will be studying in Greece in the spring, so we'll get to see him, too, and it'll make the trip even better.

My cousin, Joyce, has a cabin on the Tennessee River. We all met there for the day and everyone had a great time playing in the water and on the "ski doos" (I think is what you call them) and riding the pontoon (sp?) boat and eating and laughing. It was great fun! We missed the ones who weren't there and hope they can join us next time. It's so much more fun to get together when we aren't there for a funeral, which is when most families come together it seems...now I'm trying to get on in the works for the Skelton side of my family for next summer.

That day started our July 4th celebrations and we've had two more since then,,,Tuesday night, we were with Ed and Leanne Braddock-Cookenham, who live on the lake over which they shoot of the Bartlett Fireworks. Their back yard was full of friends, Tim and I rode the motocycle over so we could park on the Cookenham's sidewalk. It took us over 30 minutes to get home because of th crowd and we don't live two miles from them! On Wednesday night, we ate with the Gillespies, Jane and Garry Manness and Lynn and Augustine from Ghanna (we're planning to go back there in August 2008 if any one wants to go with us).
We are enjoyng being off the rest of this week-or at least I am...Tim is studying for his ACLS exam.

Beckie called today and said that she would probably be here to spend the night Satuday night. I'm looking forward to that!
Hope you all have had a great 4th. Laura called today on their way from Austin (they'd been to see John's mom) and said it was raining hard on them. Pray they make it home safely. Driving in the rain is not fun! Until next time...

3 comments:

Jeff's Photos said...

I put up a video of fireworks on my Your Tube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVSzO9UwXFQ

Jeff

Rushton said...

Sounds like great fun! I missed our Bartlett cousins reunion last weekend. That is all that are left now. Daddy is even the only "outlaw" left of 12 brothers and sisters and 13 various spouses. Nelson cousins are meeting for our reunion on my brother's new boat on August 4. I'm looking forward to that one.

BW said...

I am so sorry that I can't come after all tomorrow. We HAVE to get together to have fun soon.