Monday, April 17, 2006

Great Easter Weekend!

Searcy is always so much fun at Easter...filled with fun and friends! We had a blast on Thursday afternoon and evening just playing around and going out for coffee and relaxing and visiting with friends. On Friday, Vivian and I did out usual thing of dismissing Beckie and Dan's classes except that they had a guest speaker in one class, so we couldn't let them go then, and we even dismissed one of Lou Butterfield's classes...I went to camp Maywood with him way back when. But in one of Beckie's classes they were prepared for us and the joke was on me! She showed a video of a cute little boy that they are working with in the speech clinic that got to do the weather on the Harding weather channel with the weather man.This older than normal student raised her hand and said, "I object! This is one expensive lady and we paid good money to have her teach us and we want to get our money's worth." I about fell out of my chair! Then the whole class started laughing and they all got up and walked out. The lady said she had practiced saying that in front of the mirror all night to be able to say it without laughing.
Needless to say, I was shocked to death because no one in the twenty something years that Vivian and i have been doing that has ever objected to getting out of class early!

Diana came over on Friday afternoon to be my date for "President's Council" stuff and we were pretty bad...we ate dinner and then left and went to the play. It was so funny. The students had written it and it was all songs from the 50's, 60's. and 70's. Beckie, Vivian, Diana, and I sang right along with every song and it was a blast! Beth went home to wait on Jenn and Aaron and the girls to get there. Afterward we all went to the Underground Coffeehouse with Wil and some other friends who where there form Memphis and Beth did come and join us becuase Jenn and Aaron still weren't there. On Saturday, Diana and Wil and I went to eat Presidnet's Council lunch and then left before the program to go play again. Bill and Wyatt surprised Wil by coming over for his show on Saturday afternoon. That was pretty neat and Diana and I got to go wat with all of them before Bill and Wyatt left to go back home. then Saturday night we all went to Spring Sing. As usual, it was fun...And thank you Steve and Dottie and Cindy for keeping the traditional "United We Stand" at the end! It was wonderful to stand up and sing it with my friends as we have done for the past 30 or so years.

Joe rode his motorcycle over and had a good time with Jonathan James. We all had a good time with Grace and Susie after Jenn and Aaron got there. And on Sunday, we had out extraordinary potluck at the James' with our traditional Easter baskets for the kids and college students alike. It was great fun even with Jim Norris being his regular self (for those of you who know him, that will need no explanation. for those of you who don't, let's just say that we've known each other since Ole Miss days and he is somthing else!)

Tim was in Tampa at a dental meeting so he missed all the fun, but Vivian and I had lots of fun telling him about all the fun he missed!

We even got to see April and Brett and Caden on Friday afternoon and Vivian was mean and called Leslie to brag about getting to hold "Caden while she wasn't around.

I just love being with my friends!

4 comments:

BW said...

It was a GREAT weekend!

Roxanne said...

Ran across your name in the comments section on Mike Cope's blog. Do you by any chance know Cathy Hacker? She is, I am guessing, 36 or 37 by now. . .daugther of Joe Hacker who used to work at Harding?

We were friends long ago in Lousiana. If so, please direct her to my blog. I'd love to hear from her.

If not, I enjoyed your post about Searcy--spent 4 years there myself, have many friends, will ALWAYS remember the magic of the front lawn this time of year.

Jenn said...

We are so glad that we all got to be together this weekend! It was so much fun!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Roxanne,
Cathy is my sister-in-law. She is living in Nashville and fiishing a PHD in Psychology. Hernbeck is now her last name and she has an adorable first grade son named Noah. If I can gifure out how to direct her to your blog, I will. I'm pretty new at this stuff myself.