Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What a Bummer!

Caution...before you read this...it is a whiney blog...I finally got my scores back from my MFT Boards and now the pressure is off every other HUGSR Counseling student...I did not pass by 8 points...the passing score was 139 and I made 131, so Dr. Flatt's words ringing in my ears, "No, HUGSR Student has ever failed the boards"....well...I'm trying really hard to not be bummed out too bad about it. I wish they would have given me some idea of which areas were the weakest but they didn't. They only sent me a letter with the score and a new testing packet to fill out and send them another several hundred dollars to take the test again. I think the thing I'm most bummed out about is that I was really enjoying reading books and articles to help my clients and now I have to go back to studying that theory stuff and I still will have no idea how to answer those questions when I take the test again. The scores came on April 1...too bad it wasn't an April fools joke!

But on a positive note, I have been accepted to attend an intense summer internship at the Philapelphia Child and Family Therapy Center in Philadelphia the first 3 weeks of June. Only 6 people are accepted each year. So I am really excited about that. Anybody have any contacts in the Philly area who might help me find a bed for my three weeks there?

1 comment:

BW said...

There is no score in the world that can accurately portray the full scope of knowledge and skills that you already have in your possession. Only SIX people were admitted to the program in Philadelphia and you are one of them. The acceptance tells me you are outstanding in your field. That silly score does not mean you are out standing in your field.

All that seriousness and punny stuff aside....I am ready for you to come and play!!!!!! Easter can't arrive fast enough!