Sunday, April 02, 2006

Great weekend

Laura and John were here this weekend and it was a joy to have them here. We spent Saturday together at a home and art show (I say together, except that Tim knew an artist in about every other booth so he stopped and talked A LOT! and actually, John and Laura and I spent more time together at the show than he spent with us, but it was fun. Then we went to the HopeWorks talent show. It was really good. Ron Childers from Channel 5 is always the MC and he has the most fun making church jokes and of course, we always think he is so funny, mostly because what he says is so true!

You know, I experienced a first today. When John and Laura left today, I told them that I was going to continue praying for Laura to come back to her first love for the Lord and for John to follow her, finding faith in God for himself. John got a little tinkle in his eye and smile on his face and said, "I don't know that I've ever had anyone really pray for me before." Now to those of us who have grown up going to church of some kind or another, that is just old hat, every day kind of stuff, but I honestly can't ever remember meeting anyone in this country who has ever admitted that he's not ever had anyone to pray for him before so all of you who read this blog...Start praying and pray that he will feel the comfort and warmth of being bathed in prayer! Our God is an awesome God!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I've already done it and will keep them both on my list! Isn't it amazing what a little seed might do if it is planted in the right place? Wouldn't you love to know what they talked about on their way home from your house after that conversation? God is amazing and He continues to show us His works in the littlest ways, praise God that you said what you did!

BW said...

Well said Jenn!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

boy have i been out of touch with the hackers! who is john? praying with you. - april