Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We're going to have a wedding

Well, after many years of wondering if I ever was going to have a son-in -law, looks like I am going to have one and his name is John, Dr. John Wright...Now to many of you who have know Laura for a long time, that name will be a great surprise because her name has been linked with another for many years, but it seems that John has come along and swept her off her feet so to speak and they are getting married on June 29 in a small, private family ceremony at our house with a reception for friends following at our house.

Now this timing could be a problem since I will be spending the first three weeks of June in Philadelphia doing an intership at the Philadelphia Child and Famaily Therapy Center (formerly The Child Guidance Center founded by Salvador Minunchin), but Laura says that she and John are going to come here the week before the wedding and prepare all the food for the reception themselves. All of my friends at church (Laura's second mothers) have offered to help do anything that needs to be done for me so I guess we'll pull it off without a hitch or maybe I should say that they'll get hitched regardless...

With re-studing to take the Board again and reading the required book for the internship and thinking about the wedding, things are pretty exciting around here...keep us in your prayers...for God's will to be done, for peace, and especially for me to have a "ready recollection" of what I've studied or know the answers even if I haven't studied it when I take that test again!

Easter and Searcy can't get here soon enough!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

We are excited about Laura and John...Mom called last night and told me the news. Much love to Laura! We wish the wedding would be in July or August so that we could all come, but this little boy in my belly wants to come the same weekend as the wedding and I think he is going to win!
We are thinking of ya'll and can't wait to see ya this weekend!

Unknown said...

congratulations!

would you mind if i parked my car at your house on saturday and get it on sunday? ben and i are driving from oxford, but i would like to have my car in memphis so i can go on to nashville? is that ok??