Sunday, June 18, 2006

It was Great to have Tim here!

Well, Tim has come and gone again already. He came in about 1:30 on Friday. We had a great weekend going around in center city Philly and old town and Penn's Landing (even walking the 20+ blocks from Penn's Landing back to our hotel...even though I found out just how out of shape I am and I had to take it really slow and rest frequently...you think that would motivate me to start walking everyday, wouldn't you?...but who knows if I will or not...probably not....) We saw the Andrew Wyeth exhibit at the Philadelphia Art Museum and it was wonderful. But as always, Tim was constatnly watching the weather when we were in the hotel room, so I had him at the airport by 8:00 this morning and he was on his way home because thunderstorms are supposed to be bad in the Memphis area this afternoon and he wanted to beat them there. I don't feel nearly as hug deprived as I did. On Friday I'll be flying to Charleston to meet him at a dental conference. Then on Sunday we'll go home to get ready for the wedding.

This past week at the therapy center was much more comfortable than last. It's hard to believe that I only have one more week with my clients. I'm just getting into good therapy with them and then I'll have to leave. I really hate that but there are others who will take up the therapy and it will continue as needed. I've learned a lot about how important it is to involve the whole family in the therapy process.

My friends, Beckie and Vivian, were together this weekend for my friend (and college roommate), Jeanine's son's wedding. It's a good thing Tim was here...i might have pouted all weekend thinking about all of them having fun together without me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you and Tim had a great time together.=-) I'm glad he could come up there to visit you. I'll be praying that your last week of therapy will be a very productive one and that you will have a safe and fun trip to Charleston. Love ya, Leslie <><

Jenn said...

Sounds like you have done lots of neat stuff in Philly...we've never been to that part of the country! Keep up the great work with all your therapy people...I know that they appreciate you and all the good info that you have...
Have lots of fun in Charleston and we'll try to have a baby soon!
Enjoy your last week and drink a coffee for me while you are at Starbucks!!

Anonymous said...

I ran in to Vivian at Garden Ridge. She was telling me about going to the wedding with Becky. Yep, glad Tim was there so you didn't pout.

I bet Tim WAS watching the weather. We've had some really heavy rain storms and they are saying a tornado touched down in Cordova on Sunday. I don't think it was close to Bellamy's.

Glad this has been a wonderful learning experience for you and glad that it's almost over so you can come home and concentrate on the wedding.

See ya soon,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Vivian was in town!!!!!
How did I miss that!?!?!?!?!
Leslie