Sunday, June 11, 2006

Small World!

I tell you folks that the world gets smaller all the time! I went to church this morning in a little town called Warrington (I think) any way...it was Valley Road Church of Christ and the preacher there is a cousin of Garland Elkins who preached for a long time in Memphis, but his son goes to White Station...I don't know him, but I might have to look him up. His nephew is Jason Burgess who works for Agape (where I worked for about 6 weeks before they decided that they couldn't get around the language in the grant that was paying my salary). Then I met this lady that was from Jamacia who knows Joseph Watson with whom I had classes at the graduate school. It was really fun talking to all of them and making connections! They also announced that Won by One from Pepperdine would be here in a couple of weeks...I'm sorry I'll be gone by then. I wonder if Allen Gillespie will be traveling with them?

I'm enjoying my stay so far with Betsy and Ed, sister and brother-in-law of Bill Yikes, Harding Grad of '70. Bill was in Acapella and I found out that he stays with Linda Thompson (one of my beach buddies-who had fun at Gulf Shores last week without me) when he is in Searcy.

I spent most of yesterday laying around and reading a novel. It really felt good-it's been so long since I had a chance to do that. And Tim has called me from LA the last two nights at midnight or after...of course, the night is still young in LA but I have been sound asleep and I hardly remember a thing that he has told me either time! Maybe when he gets home tonight I will get to talk with him and it will make sense to me!

Thanks Beckie and Leanne for your encouraging comments on my first week in Philly blog...Mr. Garner, HUH??? Wonder will there be a Mrs. Garner soon?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time Sunday, I'm glad.=-)
Like Leanne said, we missed you & Tim at Home Group. We had a big crowd at Brenda and Randy's. Two of Leanne's friends were there. They were a lot of fun and the Rose family were there for the first time.
Now that I'm out of school we need to plan a day together, I'm ready for one. =-)
Love & miss you dear friend.

Anonymous said...

It is going to be great to have you back home. I agree, you were missed Sunday night. The Fredrick backyard looked great. I checked in with Tim at the office to make sure he arrived home o.k. See ya soon. :)

Unknown said...

uh....no....talk to mom.

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

miss tammie, your blog is a mess. give me a call, i can help. leslie has the #...

brett

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Yes, Brett, I know it is....but right now in Philly, I hardly have time to check my e-mail and blog comments and add to my blog...Maybe I'll call when I get home in a couple of weeks...4 days BEFORE the wedding...maybe I'll call after the wedding...