Thursday, June 22, 2006

Last Night in Philly

This is my last night in Philly. It was been a fun, exciting, scary, educational three weeks! It was sad today saying goodbye to my clients and knowing that I won't be around to finish up therapy with them but it was amazing to see how far they had come in just three weeks. It has been wonderful to get to know my team members - one from Minnesota, one from Germany, one who lives half the year in Jerusalem and half the year in PA/NY and our supervisor. One of my little boys thinks I talk like a cowgirl. The other client family and the rest of the team had fun laughing at my southern accent the whole time and getting me to say certain words to see how I would pronounce them...they really hooted over the word similar which I, of course, prounce simUlar, like all good southern girls. The last thing I said to my last client family was, "Bye Ya'll." When I walked back into the observation room, the whole team was about rolling on the floor laughing. See, Reagan, I'm good for a laugh no matter where I go!

I've got to go pack up tonight so that when I leave the house in the morning, I can leave from the hospital and go to the airport. I'm meeting Tim in Charleston at an Implant conference. We'll be home on Sunday. Betsy and Ed have been great hosts. I hope they'll come to Bartlett one day and let me return the favor!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with Tim in Charleston!
Be sure to check out the emerson blog and my response to "The South" =-) I think you will appreciate it. I'm not sure he will, but he probably laughed.(If he didn't, April did!) =-)

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

sorry mom and tammie...brett didn't like the comment being posted on his special Father's Day post since it had nothing to do with any of our blog posts, so he deleted it. (a lot of people would have been very confused at the randomness of the comments) he deleted becky's too, for the same reason. i guess they should have been posted on becky's site to begin with. ;) -april
p.s. see you both very soon! ;)