Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's Good To Be Home

Tim and I got home this afternoon. We had a fun time in Charleston, but it is really good to be home after being gone for three weeks! Laura and John were already here preparing for Thursday. I haven't done much today but I feel really tired and think I might just have to turn in really soon just to enjoy being in my own bed with my own pillow and veg out in front of the TV for a while...There will be plenty of work to do tomorrow...

I've got to save up energy to get Brett Emerson, the Yankee, when he gets here anyway...he made derotatory comments about the south on my friend Beckie's blog and then when we all ganged up on him and pointed out the error of his ways, he deleted all our comments, so ....He's got it comin', but I've got to have enough energy to get him! What am I saying? Laura is marrying a Yankee, too! We'll have to teach John about being Southern as well, I guess. So far he's taken the kidding pretty well.

7 comments:

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

i'm honestly not certain of the exact dictionary definition of the word "derotatory", but i'll just assume it means "totally awesome".

Anonymous said...

And I will assume that Brett wrote that comment and it shows how well educated they are in the north (even though John is the one who had to tell me how to spell derotatory).

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

the word you're looking for is "derogatory".

caden

Anonymous said...

As defined (or NOT defined) by Miriam-Webster.

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.

Suggestions for derotatory:
1. derogatory
2. deaerator
3. deaerators
4. dilatometry
5. denaturant
6. dilatometric
7. dilatometries
8. denaturing
9. denturist
10. dumortierite
11. Dumbartonshire

Anonymous said...

=-)!! Isn't it funny when we get to typing so fast the words we come up with in print? And then we keep doing it?!?!?
Glas you are home!
Leslie <><

Anonymous said...

OK, who is this anonymous wise guy?

Anonymous said...

John insists that I set the record straight...He told me how to spell "derogatory" correctly...the only problem was that he was sitting across the room and I could not hear him very well or my fingers did not type what he said...who knows? This close to wedding....I am the mother of the bride afterall...