Monday, July 10, 2006

Great Home Group

We had a great home group meeting last night. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and prayer and singing and sharing and, of course, eating(...can C of C people ever get together without food?) with our church group small community though we did have a few absent who were sorely missed. I even cooked a roast in the crock pot and made a fruit salad...yes, I cut up all the fruit myself (except for the blueberries and rasberries and balckberries which I just washed and dumped in)...not a single thing bought from Sam's and that is very unusual for me...I guess Freda Rushton inspired me and my home group thanks you, Freda.

I'm going to call a lady at University of Memphis today and set up an appointment to go talk about working on a PhD...can't decide if I really want to do it or not but it can't hurt to find out what all it will take.

They had an excellent presentation at church yeterday on Zambia. Tim has decided that he will go with them in 2007 on a medical mission trip. I don't know if I will go or not since I'm going to Ghanna in February to teach at Ghanna Bible college and I have several other talks to work up between now and then. I do need to get busy on those since I'm not a natural born speaker...i have to work on my presentations!

Laura and John will be moving to Kansas City, Mo in the next week or so and Tim and I will take a weekend to go up there and take them the rest of their stuff that they couldn't fit in the car when they left here. They have recieved serveral more gifts since then. I guess it's good Laura isn't working now...She's got tons of thank you notes to write!

Guess I'd better stop playing on this computer and get busy...but playing on this computer is certainly more fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PhD? You are a better and braver woman than I am,Tammie! I guess it never hurts to investigate. Just remember to leave yourself a little play time!

Rushton said...

:)
Think I'm starting my EdS this fall, too. That's ABD to the rest of the world.

Jenn said...

I sooooo do NOT want to go back to school for a long time....PhD? You are sooooo brave, do you really like to read THAT much? :)

john/laura said...

and, do you like to WRITE that much?