Friday, July 07, 2006

Why blogging is so much fun

Yesterday I was reading Beckie's blog about frustration in making food for the 4th and all the comments that followed and just laughing out loud. Tim looked at me like I was crazy. I had to explain to him why blogging is so much fun. It's like being in the lives of your friends every day and getting to talk to people that you would never talk to otherwise (like my talking to Freda Rushton on Beckie's blog or her leaving a comment on mine)...I mean, I know that she and Scott are Beckie
and Gene's good freinds, but we just never see them and since we've been blogging, it's like the walls have fallen away. I can look at the Emerson's and Greene's blogs and see beautiful new pictures of their kids almost evedryday. It's like I'm getting to see them grow up before my eyes even though they are far away and that is such a joy! Allen and Sarah could put a few more entires, but even reading theirs and finding out that Sarah was brave enough to do reace car driving was exciting and getting to hear from Reagan and how her life is going every other day or so is so sweet. Now john and Laura have opened a blog spot but they haven't posted anything yet...now if they'll just post, I won't have to call and ask so many questions...no really, I'm trying to be a good mother-in-law and not call constantly but it's hard sometimes. Whoever thought of this is genius. It just makes the world smaller all the time! Now those of you who have been reading my blog but never comment, take time to say Hi so I'll know you're out there!

7 comments:

Rushton said...

You hit it on the head. AND we write like we are talking, so the conversation can keep going without the walls or the miles or the luggage!
The BEST is reading blogs from your children. Laura and John will get there; it is such an insight!

Anonymous said...

It is also fun to get online and catch up on things "at home" while you babysit your precious grandson,in Montgomery, so your children can enjoy a much needed night out. By the way, Caden went to sleep without a whimper- I hope that doesn't upset the parents, but it thrilled Nanna.I haven't totally lost my touch, at least for tonight. =-)

Rushton said...

BTW, green beans (Allens!) with potatoes, onion, 1 baby carrot slivered for color in the crock pot all night long! AND, that inspired me to make Mother's squash casserole since she won't be there to make it for my niece. that and blackberry cobbler...you just got me rollin! THANKS!

john/laura said...

mom, you can call if you want to.

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

"miss" tammie...i'm glad we could be your personal email service.

-april

Anonymous said...

"write on" Tammie and all you others...it is fun to stay in touch with all our"extended families" speaking of which Jenn and Jeremy had a baby boy last night(July 8) named Jonas weighing in at 7lbs.13oz. 191/2" long!!!

Anonymous said...

Tammie...I forgot pics are at searcypics.com/Jonas. I think Jennifer told Mike the middle name spelling wrong though. I think it is Lennon, as in John.